How to Build a marketplace app like OLX, Quickr, Dubizzle and Letgo?
Looking to build/launch an app like OLX, Quickr, Dubizzle and Letgo for your startup? This article will cover those details and also relevant details you need to launch an app like this.
I will cover this specifically on detailing
- The list of features which are available in this apps +
- how much time it make to build an app
- The team structure you need to build this
- Development ideas
- Quick and smart solution to launch this business without building from scratch
Other details you can find are (Just resource links)
- Whether a marketplace Idea is worthy to do?
- What are the type of marketplaces?
- Find the list of marketplace in this marketplace finder
List of Features available in this app like Letgo, OLX, Quickr and Dubizzle
- User able to login with social logins
- User able to login with SMS gateways
- User able to have consumption social feed (Following certain brands, stores, shops, etc)
- User able to engage with those classified by like, commenting and share
- User able to chat with the respective listing owners
- User able to negotiate the pricing with the listing owners
- User able to browse items by different category (Vast number of categories)
- User able to filter and search things
- User able to find standard informations of the shops and items (Like contact details, what they offer, how much is the price)
This is the intermediate features you need to give for your users to finish a transaction between buyer/seller. If you want to go advanced on filling the full lifecycle of user journey, then
- User able to do transactions on the portal
- Classified owner able to see the performance of his listing
- Classified owner able to add advanced listing like product set/color/itemtype or a different pricing per item attributes, etc
- User able to save his wish list, create his personal board like Pinterest, etc
- And many other creative ideas you want to think of
The main strategy of this classified marketplaces are mostly brand voice share. Brand mind/voice share in simple terms means when a user think about something to find, whether the classified companies comes into their mind. So capturing the mind share is important of this general marketplaces.
However you need to be aware that smaller players cannot succeed if they are trying to build exact things like them. Meaning no generalised but go for the niches. It really helps to scope down your focus and grow your marketplace in that specific niches. Read some growth hacks from Uber X Marketing guy
Another important thing is about liquidity. There are N number of articles explains about the liquidity in marketplace is crucial point of success. So if you wanted to achieve that, focusing on niche category and small location helps you to achieve this volatility.
Thereby you can keep expanding into different category or another location. You can play different strategy based on your vision. There is one more thing I would personally suggest is building additional tools under your app or business to help out your target audience.
For example: currently am writing down article on how to bring your idea into reality (focused on entrepreneurs) . So your target audience could be a women who is good at arts and like working from home. Or a man who really like loneliness and work in his garage creating something cool. To those target audience, you can write about honestly on how they can expand their business by sourcing right items to reduce cost or selling in multi channels to increase revenue. There are many things you can write about. Do some persona analysis and see what this people need and provide this value.
You can read here as well on what CEO of OfferUp told when he made billion in sales
How much time it take to build an app?
It depends whether you want to go for the intermediate solution or full fledged solution with your own features. There is no single answer on how much time it going to take honestly. Because it depends on the programming languages, native or hybrid apps, internally built or development agencies or using ready made white label marketplace (Tradly.app) or using open source tools.
Minimum 2 months to build a solid scalable architecture and clean code , Maximum 5months to get the android, iOS, and web app using a 4team.
Apart from this 4 team core developers, you need one time people to do experience design for all the interfaces, Business analysis and implementing marketing tools needed to run the business.
Adding to the above points, I would recommend one solid architect who have a long term vision. Minimum one android developer + iOS developer + Web app. If you increase this numbers to two, you can speed up the work.
The architect can do the testing on his free time if he prefers. If not you need an all rounder who can do the testing, Devops and other miscellaneous.
if you are looking details about the salary of a app developer, you can find from upwork
If you really have strong capital, have so much customisation specifically related to you and have cashflow to sustain for 12 months, the way is to build on your own marketplace. The only draw back is trial and error experiment. And critical thing will be time. So if any things like change in the team or change in company direction will totally affect your timing and also your business strategy. And yeah all the previous work is wasted as well
Quick and smart solution
But the smarter alternative way in this sharing economy is basically use Saas solution like Tradly. You find all the things pre-build and all managed in cloud for you. The only focus for you will be testing your idea on the market or growing your platform. All the technology infrastructure is managed by Tradly platform. Even if you want to make customisation, then you can connect with us to customise OR wait for our regular updates that keep providing new features to you without paying extra.
Is Marketplace worthy to do?
Here you can read the report about the future of online marketplace from dealroom. This report covers major trends and where the future platform economy is moving.
Your idea should come from your passion and purpose. but if you are looking for list of different marketplace across the globe, visit our curation list.
Hope this helps you. If you have any more questions or consultation, feel free to chat with us! Me and my team is happy to get you started!
All the best.