Building a second hand luxury marketplace like Tradesy, Rebag, Fashionphile & RealReal
After the business idea, the next question is “How to build a marketplace platform” and we rush to find different open source solution or find a development agency to get a quotation. There are more than that when building a platform like Rebag, RealReal, etc. Tech is easiest logical part to figure out but there are other difficulties like how you tackle authenticity, delivery of costly products and returns. We believe you are on it.
Let’s see how TradlyPlatform SaaS solution can help you to launch your marketplace in a matter of days with it’s pre-built solutions. It’s simple, already tested, proven and less risky without unexpected outcome (when building from scratch). The potential of circular economy is big in fashion and there is a space for startups to democratise
Tradesy is an online peer-to-peer resale marketplace for buying and selling women’s luxury and designer contemporary fashion.
Rebag is an online + offline marketplace that allow to buy and sell handbags, watches, jewellery, etc.
The RealReal is the leader in authenticated luxury consignment. All items are authenticated through a rigorous process overseen by experts.. Based on the circular economy, The RealReal sells consigned clothing, fine jewellery, watches, fine art and home decor
FashionPhile: BUY, SELL and CONSIGN used designer handbags and other accessories online.
The common features available in RealReal, Tradesy, Rebag, etc
You can use Tradly API or Platform apps to build this marketplaces. Below are the ever growing features
A user who wants to register inside your apps to start using your services.
Depends on the business nature, you may want to have a different registration system for your users to register. We have the below list of registrations available in the app
- Facebook Registration: An user can use their Facebook login to sign-in/ sign-up
- Google Registration: An user can use their Google login to sign-in/ sign-up
- Native email registration: An user can just any email which is not connected to 3rd party logins to sign-in/ sign-up
- Phone number-based registration: An user can sign-in/ sign-up using their phone number with OTP verification in their first registration. In the subsequent sign-in, the verified phone number and password can be used to sign-in.
4 Level Hierarchy catalogue management
As a platform owner when you want to build a high-level marketplace to have deeper categorization.
- Skinny Leg
Men is a first-level category Clothing is a second-level category Tops, Coats, Beachwear, Bridal wear, and Jeans are 3rd level category Skinny leg is a 4th level category
- Based on your business nature, you can use this in different ways. You can use a category to allow users to discover somethings or find a different sets of needs based on how you plan it.
- You can add attributes based on parent and child categories
Flexible Banner Management
A platform owner is able to use the media section to show any sort of communication on this prime placement. and link these banners to be STATIC or to the product or a page, etc.
You can use this to
- Important promotions
- How-to Guides
- Explanation of some features
- Specific product promotion that leads to that product page
- Advertisement placement
- Towards a particular tag (A tag has a collection of listings)
- And many other usages based on your ideas.
N number of customisable collection widgets on home page
A user when he visits the home page of the app should be able to find a fresh collection of ideas.
- A recent list of accounts/stores/profiles
- A recent list of Listings/Ideas/Postings/Ads
Coming soon on the self-serve platform (Available immediately based on manual request)
- Custom collections based on tags
- Using Attributes filter
- Category (multiple)
- Listing title
- Price (less than, greater than, etc)
- Offer percent (less than, greater than)
- Location (kilometer/miles radius)
Social Commerce at it’s core.
A user who wants to have social media styled social feed where they can see the listings, follow stores, and discover trending accounts/profiles/stores
An important part of the social marketplace platform is social features where you have many engagement-generating features. Things like likes, follow, chat, etc can create more engagements between different users in the app instead of just browsing different listings.
- Like listings
- Follow accounts
- Chat with accounts
- User Ratings
- User Reviews
- Wish list (private)
- Groups (Alpha release)
Ratings and Reviews
User able to rate and review the listings he recently got serviced, purchased, made bookings, etc to share his experiences
- Reviews & Ratings can be activated on account level (stores, campaign creators, profiles, etc)
- Can be activated on listing level (products, courses, rides, campaigns, etc)
Currently available fields:
- Rating (5 Stars)
- Type of ratings
- Short title
- Configure the above fields to be optional or mandatory
- Activate/Deactivate the above attributes from the super admin panel
- Add new attributes from the super admin panel
In-built Chat to increase engagement and conversion rate #conversational commerce
A user able to chat with prospective seller/account/tutor profile, etc to discuss the listings
The chat feature is more or less like the WhatsApp features which allow the users to do
- Personal and private communications
- Share locations
- Attach additional private photos and documents about the listings
Built your platform with Tradly
Here we have shared a glimpse of what TradlyPlatform features but check the documentation for a detailed features list and also you can test our free demo apps to see how it works. And finally, check the pricing page if you are interested in a free / paid solution.
Choosing the best platform
- Fundamentals of the marketplace and how much it cost to build a marketplace
- The pros and cons of choosing a development agency vs SaaS solution Players
- Why choosing a white label pre-built solution is better than building something from scratch
- Choosing the right multi-vendor marketplace software provider and deciding factors
- Resources for growing the marketplace
We are constantly looking for ways to solve problems through digital infrastructure, here are some of the analysis we had and a few model use cases on how it can be applied