Building a on-demand P2P service marketplace app like TaskRabbit, Thumbtack, Handy, Airtasker
Just copying taskrabbit, thumbtack, handy or airtasker will not help us to grow a service marketplace like them. Developing a on-demand service marketplace needs market understanding, customer research(their challenges) and product strategy. In terms of feature set, it is lot more different from a product marketplace.
We will go through what are the important blocks needed to build a service marketplace like Thumbtack
Quick on-boarding without friction
A user who wants to register inside your apps to start using your services.
Depends on the business nature, you may want to have a different registration system for your users to register. We have the below list of registrations available in the app
- Facebook Registration: An user can use their Facebook login to sign-in/ sign-up
- Google Registration: An user can use their Google login to sign-in/ sign-up
- Native email registration: An user can just any email which is not connected to 3rd party logins to sign-in/ sign-up
- Phone number-based registration: An user can sign-in/ sign-up using their phone number with OTP verification in their first registration. In the subsequent sign-in, the verified phone number and password can be used to sign-in.
Flexible Account creation based on service type
As a platform owner, you can design different account(stores-merchants) creation forms based on the type of accounts you have.
- When you are building a hybrid marketplace, you want to have different stakeholders to open accounts. And the accounts perhaps need different information than the primary information.
- By default, we only collect the name and description of the account registration
- You can configure additional attributes based on your business nature
- You can create multiple categories of accounts
- You can create additional attributes specific to an account category rather than overall
Curate your best talents/providers with multiple widgets on home page
A user when he visits the home page of the app should be able to find a fresh collection of ideas.
- A recent list of accounts/stores/profiles
- A recent list of Listings/Ideas/Postings/Ads
Coming soon on the self-serve platform (Available immediately based on manual request)
- Custom collections based on tags
- Using Attributes filter
- Category (multiple)
- Listing title
- Price (less than, greater than, etc)
- Offer percent (less than, greater than)
- Location (kilometer/miles radius)
Promote or Do announcement with home banners
A platform owner is able to use the media section to show any sort of communication on this prime placement. and link these banners to be STATIC or to the product or a page, etc.
You can use this to
- Important promotions
- How-to Guides
- Explanation of some features
- Specific product promotion that leads to that product page
- Advertisement placement
- Towards a particular tag (A tag has a collection of listings)
- And many other usages based on your ideas.
Allow your customers to rate and review your service providers
User able to rate and review the listings he recently got serviced, purchased, made bookings, etc to share his experiences
- Reviews & Ratings can be activated on account level (stores, campaign creators, profiles, etc)
- Can be activated on listing level (products, courses, rides, campaigns, etc)
Currently available fields:
- Rating (5 Stars)
- Type of ratings
- Short title
- Configure the above fields to be optional or mandatory
- Activate/Deactivate the above attributes from the super admin panel
- Add new attributes from the super admin panel
Allow your service providers – receivers to interact wherever needed
A user able to chat with prospective seller/account/tutor profile, etc to discuss the listings
The chat feature is more or less like the WhatsApp features which allow the users to do
- Personal and private communications
- Share locations
- Attach additional private photos and documents about the listings
Here we have shared a glimpse of what TradlyPlatform features but check the documentation for a detailed features list and also you can test our free demo apps to see how it works. And finally, check the pricing page if you are interested in a free / paid solution.
- Fundamentals of the marketplace and how much it cost to build a marketplace
- The pros and cons of choosing a development agency vs SaaS solution Players
- Why choosing a white label pre-built solution is better than building something from scratch
- Choosing the right multi-vendor marketplace software provider and deciding factors
- Resources for growing the marketplace
We are constantly looking for ways to solve problems through digital infrastructure, here are some of the analysis we had and a few model use cases on how it can be applied