Here is the toolkit to develop your Farming Produce Marketplace Platform, and Apps
In this guide, We will cover from the basic overview of our solutions, how to get your account, how to configure app, How to configure the base system and example setups. By end of this tutorial you should have a test prototype app with end 2-3 accounts able to setup profile, submit listing, make purchase, chat, etc.
Checklist from start to end on what you need to build a marketplace using Tradly Platform.
Tradly Platform solution is catered to different groups separately
- For developers: Headless API solution. Using the API solution, developers can build apps on top of it
- For non-coders: A simple toggle based SuperAdmin Panel to configure features in the already pre-built apps (also called as storefront, front end apps, templated apps).
- Signup for a free sandbox account
- Get the API keys in the SuperAdmin > Settings > API section = Refer the API documentation to start building the app
5 Steps for non-coders#
- Signup for a free sandbox account
- Prototype your app using our SuperAdmin builder
- Visualise your app through test apps.
- When you are ready to launch, Subscribe to our plans and get a white label app build
There will be 5 types of works you will be doing to configure the app to work fully functional for an MVP launch to the market.
1. Signing up the Sandbox (Selecting mandatory informations)#
You will be asked to enter this information when you signup, read the below reference link for each part when you are stuck.
- Default things (Example: Appname, currency, Language, registration method, country you want to launch, )
- Choose your business Model (Product Marketplace, Service Marketplace, etc)
- Choose Revenue Model : See here for the available revenue model for your business and how it works
- Choose Delivery Method: Available delivery methods and how it works
- Choose Payment Gateways
- Choose Location & Map if you are planning to have location specific features
NICE! When you reach the SuperAdmin home page, you will be able to find your APP-NAME. That’s the APP-NAME you should be using to experience your test app via Tradly Test apps. Whatever the type of marketplaces, mostly these are the fundamental blocks you should need to configure. The rest of the steps are mostly according to your business
2. Platform Fundamentals#
You must configure the below things for the system to be able to open accounts, submit listings and make purchases.
- Configure accounts: Settings > accounts(categories, attributes)
- Configure listings: Settings > listings (Setting up listings information to be collected. Categories, attributes)
- Stripe/other payment gateways configuration (under native integrations)
- Configure revenue model, commissions: Settings > commissions OR Settings > Subscriptions OR Settings > Special Fees
3. Configure 3rd Party integrations#
When you don’t set up this, the below features may not work.
- Configure email if you want the emails to be whitelisted
- Configure domain if you want good deliverability of emails
- Chat setup via Firebase ,
- Optionally referral / sharing features via Branch
- Optionally later legal informations (privacy, terms, etc)
4. Customising your look and feel of the App#
When you request a build from us, whatever branding and customization you have configured in mobile config (under SuperAdmin) will be available for you.
Settings > mobile app config > add app-related informations
- App Name
- Choose your app colour
- App Icon
- Splash launch images
- Onboarding images , Onboarding Text
- Registration Text
- Sell Icon (optional)
- App title in Home Screen (Default will be app name) And others
5. Appstore / Playstore related informations#
If we are helping you to launch apps on the play store and app store, we need the below things to be ready. For Appstore, we need access to send the build to your account.
- Appstore access & Provisioning
- Playstore access & Provisioning
Similar Farm Produce Marketplace
We will be using this agri marketplaces as inspiration for this guide
Taking agri marketplace as example:
Accounts Block configuration
The below screenshot shows the list of information a marketplace may want to collect when their seller signup. So for this additional custom attributes fields you need to create this fields under Settings > Accounts > Attributes.
When you want to buy or sell a product, you need to choose the product category.
- Using our listing block, you can create different categories
- It is grains, Nuts, Green Coffee, Olive Oil, Cocoa
- After the listings category is created, The listings need to collect different informations based on categories.
- For Example: You may want to collect different informations for Walnuts or coffee. This informations field are need to created under listing attributes