Building a real estate property marketplace app like Zillow, Opendoor, compass
Zillow, Opendoor, PropertyGuru, and Compass are some of the successful real estate property marketplaces. They combined the social with discovery in a more fresh and modern approach. Building a marketplace platform (technically) might be straightforward as we can see what has worked for them (80% of the work). And the rest of the things we might be able to figure out after we launch the platform through the feedback loop and the market fit.
Social Login & Registration
A user who wants to register inside your apps to start using your services.
Depends on the business nature, you may want to have a different registration system for your users to register. We have the below list of registrations available in the app
- Facebook Registration: An user can use their Facebook login to sign-in/ sign-up
- Google Registration: An user can use their Google login to sign-in/ sign-up
- Native email registration: An user can just any email which is not connected to 3rd party logins to sign-in/ sign-up
- Phone number-based registration: An user can sign-in/ sign-up using their phone number with OTP verification in their first registration. In the subsequent sign-in, the verified phone number and password can be used to sign-in.
Social Marketplace Feed
A user who wants to have social media styled social feed where they can see the listings, follow stores, and discover trending accounts/profiles/stores
An important part of the social marketplace platform is social features where you have many engagement-generating features. Things like likes, follow, chat, etc can create more engagements between different users in the app instead of just browsing different listings.
- Like listings
- Follow accounts
- Chat with accounts
- User Ratings
- User Reviews
- Wish list (private)
- Groups (Alpha release)
Customisable collections widgets
A user when he visits the home page of the app should be able to find a fresh collection of ideas.
- A recent list of accounts/stores/profiles
- A recent list of Listings/Ideas/Postings/Ads
Coming soon on the self-serve platform (Available immediately based on manual request)
- Custom collections based on tags
- Using Attributes filter
- Category (multiple)
- Listing title
- Price (less than, greater than, etc)
- Offer percent (less than, greater than)
- Location (kilometer/miles radius)
A user able to chat with prospective seller/account/tutor profile, etc to discuss the listings
The chat feature is more or less like the WhatsApp features which allow the users to do
- Personal and private communications
- Share locations
- Attach additional private photos and documents about the listings
A platform owner is able to use the media section to show any sort of communication on this prime placement. and link these banners to be STATIC or to the product or a page, etc.
You can use this to
- Important promotions
- How-to Guides
- Explanation of some features
- Specific product promotion that leads to that product page
- Advertisement placement
- Towards a particular tag (A tag has a collection of listings)
- And many other usages based on your ideas.
Here we have shared a glimpse of what TradlyPlatform features but check the documentation for a detailed features list and also you can test our free demo apps to see how it works. And finally, check the pricing page if you are interested in a free / paid solution.