Building a on-demand grocery delivery and supermarket app like Buymie, Crisp, Grocemania, LolaMarket, Picnic, Bring!, Oddbox, La Belle Vie, GoodClub?
Buymie, Crisp, Grocemania, LolaMarket, Picnic, Bring!, Oddbox, La Belle Vie and GoodClub are some of the emerging ondemand grocery delivery and Supermarket apps in Europe. With the Covid, they are growing very fast than before plus receiving fresh funding as well.
If executed well, the on-demand grocery market and local delivery can be a huge business in 2-3years. There will be always monopoly business like Deliveroo, Uber, etc but there is always a niche market which is not served by them. Identifying them needs lot of observation of the offline markets, listening to the customers and also looking at the landscape(similar) players. Once you identified and plan your growth strategies accordingly, you will win. As everybody says we need speed of execution and persistence.
So if you are considering to build an on demand delivery app and online supermarket app, you can do in multiple ways (find more resources on footer). but if you are looking for a best SaaS solution for on demand grocery delivery or just supermarket app, explore what Tradly Platform can help you to launch your startup business in a matter of days
Let’s go through what are the components needed to build a supermarket app
Features for both sellers and Buyers
Easy onboarding of users
A user who wants to register inside your apps to start using your services.
Depends on the business nature, you may want to have a different registration system for your users to register. We have the below list of registrations available in the app
- Facebook Registration: An user can use their Facebook login to sign-in/ sign-up
- Google Registration: An user can use their Google login to sign-in/ sign-up
- Native email registration: An user can just any email which is not connected to 3rd party logins to sign-in/ sign-up
- Phone number-based registration: An user can sign-in/ sign-up using their phone number with OTP verification in their first registration. In the subsequent sign-in, the verified phone number and password can be used to sign-in.
Advanced Catalog Management
As a platform owner when you want to build a high-level marketplace to have deeper categorization.
- Skinny Leg
Men is a first-level category Clothing is a second-level category Tops, Coats, Beachwear, Bridal wear, and Jeans are 3rd level category Skinny leg is a 4th level category
- Based on your business nature, you can use this in different ways. You can use a category to allow users to discover somethings or find a different sets of needs based on how you plan it.
- You can add attributes based on parent and child categories
Flexibility on how you onboard your sellers
As a platform owner, you can design different account(stores-merchants) creation forms based on the type of accounts you have.
- When you are building a hybrid marketplace, you want to have different stakeholders to open accounts. And the accounts perhaps need different information than the primary information.
- By default, we only collect the name and description of the account registration
- You can configure additional attributes based on your business nature
- You can create multiple categories of accounts
- You can create additional attributes specific to an account category rather than overall
Customisable Collections Widgets
A user when he visits the home page of the app should be able to find a fresh collection of ideas.
- A recent list of accounts/stores/profiles
- A recent list of Listings/Ideas/Postings/Ads
Coming soon on the self-serve platform (Available immediately based on manual request)
- Custom collections based on tags
- Using Attributes filter
- Category (multiple)
- Listing title
- Price (less than, greater than, etc)
- Offer percent (less than, greater than)
- Location (kilometer/miles radius)
Hero Banners sections
A platform owner is able to use the media section to show any sort of communication on this prime placement. and link these banners to be STATIC or to the product or a page, etc.
You can use this to
- Important promotions
- How-to Guides
- Explanation of some features
- Specific product promotion that leads to that product page
- Advertisement placement
- Towards a particular tag (A tag has a collection of listings)
- And many other usages based on your ideas.
Reviewing the products and Stores
User able to rate and review the listings he recently got serviced, purchased, made bookings, etc to share his experiences
- Reviews & Ratings can be activated on account level (stores, campaign creators, profiles, etc)
- Can be activated on listing level (products, courses, rides, campaigns, etc)
Currently available fields:
- Rating (5 Stars)
- Type of ratings
- Short title
- Configure the above fields to be optional or mandatory
- Activate/Deactivate the above attributes from the super admin panel
- Add new attributes from the super admin panel
Here we have shared a glimpse of what TradlyPlatform features but check the documentation for a detailed features list and also you can test our free demo apps to see how it works. And finally, check the pricing page if you are interested in a free / paid solution.
Resources to build, launch and grow marketplaces
- Fundamentals of the marketplace and how much it cost to build a marketplace
- The pros and cons of choosing a development agency vs SaaS solution Players
- Why choosing a white label pre-built solution is better than building something from scratch
- Choosing the right multi-vendor marketplace software provider and deciding factors
- Resources for growing the marketplace
We are constantly looking for ways to solve problems through digital infrastructure, here are some of the analysis we had and a few model use cases on how it can be applied