Building a Luxury Fashion Marketplace like Farfetch, Vestiaire Collective, Luxify
The luxury fashion marketplace is a unique segment. Highly personal.
After the mainstream fashion, luxury fashion especially secondhand fashion is emerging in the last few years with success stories from Verstiare collective to Farfetch. if you are looking to launch a similar platform business model, you are at a right time to consider that with adaptability always in mind.
In terms of functionality, luxury fashion doesn’t much differ from the general fashion marketplace. They differ, particularly in UI, information(called data attributes), operations, and policies. Technically 80% of the functionality is going to be the same. Let’s see the available TradlyPlatform features to build a luxury fashion marketplace.
Features for a luxury fashion marketplace
A user who wants to have social media styled social feed where they can see the listings, follow stores, and discover trending accounts/profiles/stores
An important part of the social marketplace platform is social features where you have many engagement-generating features. Things like likes, follow, chat, etc can create more engagements between different users in the app instead of just browsing different listings.
- Like listings
- Follow accounts
- Chat with accounts
- User Ratings
- User Reviews
- Wish list (private)
- Groups (Alpha release)
Inbuilt Chat for peer-peer and business to peer
A user able to chat with prospective seller/account/tutor profile, etc to discuss the listings
The chat feature is more or less like the WhatsApp features which allow the users to do
- Personal and private communications
- Share locations
- Attach additional private photos and documents about the listings
Collection based curation
A user when he visits the home page of the app should be able to find a fresh collection of ideas.
- A recent list of accounts/stores/profiles
- A recent list of Listings/Ideas/Postings/Ads
Coming soon on the self-serve platform (Available immediately based on manual request)
- Custom collections based on tags
- Using Attributes filter
- Category (multiple)
- Listing title
- Price (less than, greater than, etc)
- Offer percent (less than, greater than)
- Location (kilometer/miles radius)
A platform owner is able to use the media section to show any sort of communication on this prime placement. and link these banners to be STATIC or to the product or a page, etc.
You can use this to
- Important promotions
- How-to Guides
- Explanation of some features
- Specific product promotion that leads to that product page
- Advertisement placement
- Towards a particular tag (A tag has a collection of listings)
- And many other usages based on your ideas.
Store(Merchant) & Individual User Onboarding
As a platform owner, you can design different account(stores-merchants) creation forms based on the type of accounts you have.
- When you are building a hybrid marketplace, you want to have different stakeholders to open accounts. And the accounts perhaps need different information than the primary information.
- By default, we only collect the name and description of the account registration
- You can configure additional attributes based on your business nature
- You can create multiple categories of accounts
- You can create additional attributes specific to an account category rather than overall
As a platform owner when you want to build a high-level marketplace to have deeper categorization.
- Skinny Leg
Men is a first-level category Clothing is a second-level category Tops, Coats, Beachwear, Bridal wear, and Jeans are 3rd level category Skinny leg is a 4th level category
- Based on your business nature, you can use this in different ways. You can use a category to allow users to discover somethings or find a different sets of needs based on how you plan it.
- You can add attributes based on parent and child categories
Reviews & Ratings
User able to rate and review the listings he recently got serviced, purchased, made bookings, etc to share his experiences
- Reviews & Ratings can be activated on account level (stores, campaign creators, profiles, etc)
- Can be activated on listing level (products, courses, rides, campaigns, etc)
Currently available fields:
- Rating (5 Stars)
- Type of ratings
- Short title
- Configure the above fields to be optional or mandatory
- Activate/Deactivate the above attributes from the super admin panel
- Add new attributes from the super admin panel